Ron Lichty on Agile and managing developers
Collection of Ron Lichty’s books, posts, podcasts, and other resources related to managing developers. Of particular interest is how a manager’s role changes when working with an agile team.
In an Agile model managers shift from spending their time managing the project to managing their people. Concepts like enabling, empowering, developing, servant leadership, and Theory X and Theory Y are explored in the YouTube video below.
- YouTube: If We’re Agile Why Do We Need Managers?
- Book: Managing the Unmanageable: Rules, Tools, and Insights for Managing Software People and Teams
- Podcast: SE-Radio Episode 306: Ron Lichty on Managing Programmers
- References: One More Time: How Do You Motivate Employees? 2003
- References: Who Are Your Motivated Workers? 1964